Saturday 4 October 2008

40mm - Grenadiers and Cavalry

I've finished off the units needed for my next skirmish game. Firstly a company of Saxe-Jarlsberg dragoons . .

[Figs: Irregular Miniatures austrian dragoons on horses cast from Creartec moulds]


for the Wittenberg army, the grenadier company of the Wittenland Fusilers,

[Figs: Officer & Grenadiers - cast from Creartec moulds; Standard Bearer and Drummer - Irregular Miniatures]

Again for Wittenberg a company of Uhlans from the Blue Pulk

[Figs: modified hussars cast from Creartec moulds]

An outline of the scenario for the next skirmish game in the 3rd Belgravian Wars - the Monrovians despatch Count Pottsendorf and his Saxe-Jarlsberg troops to disperse the Wittenberg troops at Verlendt commanded by General Waldebeck.

4 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

I'm unfamiliar with the Creartec company. The only moulds that I know of are from Prince August.

How do they compare in quality, cost, range, ease of use, etc.?


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

Nice, very toy-soldierly! :-)

MurdocK said...

40mm looking good.

Do you have skirmish games in mind or are these more 'for show'?

I am also interested in the Creartec moulds...hmm perhaps a google needs doing.

old-tidders said...

Creartec moulds are about twice the price of the Prince August ones. They are made out of a more flexible material. I needed to add some air vents for the horses. In use they are about the same as the Prince August ones. The range is limited to:

Generals
Cuirassier
Hussar
Marching Grenadiers/Officers
Artillery gun+crew

The Creartec moulds range can be seen at:

http://www.zinnfigur.com/Moulds/DE_Moulds_Creartec_Set.asp

and follow the 40mm link.

I got the moulds to increase the range of options I had to build units for my skirmish games - see the last one I fought with 40mm figs at

http://tidders-kingdomofwittenberg.blogspot.com/2008/05/1740-werlendt-3rd-belgravian-wars.html

-- Allan