Thursday 12 February 2009

A Peg in the Ground ...

Well the original planned units for Wittenberg and Monrovia are now all finished; the planned size was:

4 battalions line infantry.
1 converged grenadier battalion.
1 battalion of fusliers.
1 jager battalion.
4 cavalry regiments (2'heavy' + 2 dragoons).
1 light cavalry regiment (hussar or uhlan).
4 artillery gun models.

Wittenberg has two extra cavalry regiments, that are going to form part of their next army corps. Lots of things to add yet, plus lots of potential for future gaming.

It's taken me 2 years and seven months to obtain and paint all those units. It would have taken less time but I have been working on other gaming projects - the main diversion being ECW. The journey to this point started properly in June 2006, when I started my online wargame diary recording my progress. I moved to blogland in March 2007, enabling me to reach and interact with the wider net-community.

One of my favourite 'vignettes' from my previous posts ...

King Leopold IV and his son Prince Wilhelm review the Wittenland fusiliers
Its been great watching the steady increase in the number of Imagi-Nations, with their goings on, interacting via EvE.

Finally a short message from the King Leopold of Wittenberg -
"Greetings and felicitations - may your nation prosper and be victorious on the battlefield".

--oxo--

I better get on and hold the Wittenberg Boldavian army corps review, hopefully the next post.

6 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Morning Allan,

Well done on reaching your initial target! Might I ask for a "Grand Review" photograph or two? If you have a the time and inclination that is.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Capt Bill said...

Congratulations on completing your army. A proud moment indeed! I agree your vignette is also one of my favorites...

Bluebear Jeff said...

I also congratulate you on reaching this plateau . . . of course now you have new goals . . . and as always I appreciate the care you take in posing your photos.


-- Jeff

abdul666 said...

Congratulations - and thanks for sharing the pleasure and enjoyement!

Jean-Louis

Fitz-Badger said...

Let me add my congratulations as well!
Shows it pays to have a plan (if only I could be that organized! lol).
You post some of the best vignettes, always inspiring and fun to look at. I greatly enjoy your ECW diversions, too (and the Saxon/Viking stuff - I actually have a couple of handfuls of Viking era minis that I had painted up before going SYW)! Tempts me to think about wandering in that direction! (it's a period that has long held some interest for me and I have several books collected over the years)

littlejohn said...

Congrats on the Army and a beautiful rendition of an 18th century building too!